What is PHP? Introduction to PHP
PHP is an acronym for hypertext preprocessor. It is a well-known server-side scripting language that is open source and used to create dynamic websites. It is a collection of Perl scripts that are used to create “Personal Home Pages.” Rasmus Lerdorf invented PHP in 1995.
PHP 4.0 was first released in June 1998 and included some object-oriented features. PHP was primarily used in the creation of Facebook. The programmes that are required to run the PHP programme include:
- •NAMP- (window os, apache server , mysql ,dbms, php
- •LAMP- (linux os, apache server , mysql ,dbms, php)
- •MAMP- ( Mac os, apache server , mysql ,dbms, php)
- •XAMPP- (cross platform, apache server , maria DB, php, perl)
- A php file carries the php tags and also ends with the extension “.php” ie- filename.php
What is Script?
Script is a set of instructions for webpages which are executed without compilationWhy PHP is used?
- Generally, there are huge amount of server side scripting available like SSJS, ASP, JSP etc.
- It is platform independent.
- Basically PHP involves using with database or it is simplicity in scripting.
- PHP is well advanced for the response times which are needed for web applications.
Features of PHP :
- • simplicity
- • security
- • loosely typed language
- • platform independent
- • flexibility
- • opensource
- • interpreted